Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day


I'm not Irish, but I certainly enjoy a pint of Guinness when I can. Probably more English, Finish, and German with a little French thrown in for taste. But I really enjoy Irish culture, music, drink and food. I had the pleasure of visiting Ireland a few years back for work. I decided that it wasn't often I get to Ireland and extended my trip to cover the weekend to tool around Dublin and see some sites. First stop was the Guinness brewery. The Mecca for Guinness lovers.


I got some culture in by visiting Trinity College and the Book of Kells. I was fascinated by the library there, more than the famous book.
Also stopped by the Oscar Wilde statue Merrion Square.


















Well, we're off to Fiddler's Hearth to have some pints.
Happy St. Patty's Day!

No comments: