Thursday, March 13, 2008

Packed and ready to go...I think.

I think I'm now packed and ready to go. I was able to tick a couple of more things off my list.
  • Buy new jeans

  • Buy new hiking shoes

  • Buy a new light windproof jacket

  • Buy a copy of Alice in Wonderland to read

  • Get a haircut

  • Load up the MP3 player

  • Buy film

  • Get the PSP charged up

  • Buy some UK power adapters and transformer kits

  • Laundry

  • Clean up the house a little

  • Pack
I always have a hard time packing for these trips. I can never figure out if I'm packing too much or not enough. I'm going to be gone for about 9 days and the weather in Scotland can be a little unpredictable...though I'm leaning more towards rain. So I'm trying to pack accordingly and make sure I throw in a little extra for the unexpected. I'm always thinking I'm forgetting something. Which in my case is usually a good sign that I haven't. It never fails that if I think I haven't forgotten anything that I find out later that I'm missing my socks.
My backpack is stuffed to the gills with crap to occupy myself on the flight..computer, books, magazines, MP3 player, PSP, games. My father and I have this fear of being stuck waiting in barbershops and doctors' offices with only the supplied tattered copy of Ladies Home Journal to read. I want to avoid a very boring 8 hour flight to Manchester with only the United Hemispheres to read.
I've packed my camera bag as well. I'll be carrying it on the plane since I don't trust those thieving bastards in baggage handling. I hope to shoot some nice landscapes that I can get blown up later. I'm bringing my little tiny digital point-and-shoot camera for some quick stuff.

Maybe if I have some time I'll try to clean up the house a little in the morning. Our flight doesn't leave until 2pm. Mom & Dad threatened to pick me up at 6:30am. I told them to bring a stretcher to carry me out since there was no way I was going to be awake by then. I think they've settled on 10:30am...which will give us plenty of time. Better to be early and wait at the gate then miss getting on the plane at all.

I'm getting excited about finally getting to go to Scotland. My boss told me the other day that my talking about the trip finally teetered him and his wife over to finally making a trip to Scotland. They've been talking for years about going to the annual Edinburgh Military Tattoo in August. Guess I'm glad I could help.

I'm going to get some shut eye.

No comments: