Friday, March 14, 2008

Up, up and away...

Made it to the Austin Bergstrom International Airport, with plenty of time to spare. Troy really wanted to come along. Mom & Dad picked me up at about 11:15am. Troy jumped in the van and sat in a seat refusing to move. It would have made a good picture. I'd like to think he was just protesting my leaving but I'm sure it was just that he likes car rides.
We breezed through check-in and security since there wasn't anyone here. I guess everyone is already on spring break.
We'll fly to Chicago from here and then jump on our flight to Manchester. From Manchester we are renting cars which we'll drive up into Scotland.
I couldn't resist checking my work email a little just to make sure everyone is getting along without me. Turns out there was a little bit of a bomb scare as some suspicious package was left in the parking lot. Turned out to be something harmless. I'm sure I would have been a suspect if it had been something since I didn't show up to work today.
My brother is being married in Anvil Hall in Greta Green Scotland. Apparently, it's the Las Vegas of Scotland in terms of quick weddings. I suppose instead of Elvis they have William Wallace officiate. The wedding is on Monday at 3pm Scotland time. They even have a webcam for folks to tune in.
We're about to board so I'll need to shut up for a little while.

No comments: